November 17, 2022-
If you follow Big Blonde Hair, you know that we work with Amazon, and you also know that I LOVE finding steals on their site. I’m originally from the Midwest, so when I wear something and someone asks where it’s from and I can say “I found on Amazon” it’s the best ever. And while sometimes I order something and it’s not exactly what I expected, I’m here to share a few expert tips on how to shop the ‘Zon like a pro. Since it’s time to shop for Holiday gifts and outfits, it’s a perfect time to put them to use.
7 Rules for Clothing & Accessories Shopping on Amazon & Our Winter Picks
- The MOST important rule: Pay attention to product photos, they normally tell you all you need to know. If you don’t recognize a brand name you can normally tell if the photo has been taken from another site and the product is knockoff. For example, if you see a cute product but model the main photo looks suspiciously like it’s the girl from Vici Collection or a model from Zara, you probably aren’t getting the exact product pictured (beware of this girl unless you’re shopping on the Vici site!). I’ve fallen for it it, and while they’re often similar products there are usually color variations and the quality is lower. Or if it’s a shirt that comes in tons of colors and the pics look exactly the same a lot of times the colors are photoshopped and can vary a bit from what you’re going to get (sometimes that neon pink shirt will arrive not so neon etc.). If there are photo reviews below, definitely refer to those.
- Pay close attention to reviews. They’re a lifesaver for me whether they’re talking about sizing or the actual product. Usually, if I can’t find a pic of an item in the reviews and it’s randomly branded clothing, I steer clear. Sometimes with shoes or accessories I’m willing to be a guinea pig and am aware that I may have to return it.
- If you want exactly what you’re seeing in product photos, order items from the Shopbop store, the Gap store or Amazon lines like The Drop, Amazon Essentials or Oralay. If you’re looking for something higher end check out Amazon Luxury. I also shop for Adidas, Champion, Ray Ban and Levis on Amazon because they have Amazon storefronts. I also love HeyNuts for athletic wear (the softest leggings!), even with that random name. Just to name a few I frequent!
- If you’re shopping something designer, defer to the the Amazon Luxury store. They have great designer clothing. As for accessories, they are now stocking pieces from What Goes Around Comes Around, the NYC store known to have the best vintage.
- I shop for designer sunglasses on Amazon, but I do proceed with caution. Make sure the price isn’t way too good to be true and there are some solid reviews. For example, this Gucci pair is discounted, but a price that is believable with good reviews.
- Pay attention to influencers you like. Even DM them and see if they have Amazon picks. I’ve tried on a lot of items that I feature in my Amazon store. If you check it out and scroll a bit, I have pics of me in items I’ve tried on. I even try to check out the reviews when I make product collages to be sure the product is actually cute!
- If all else fails, return it! Amazon is literally the easiest place to make returns. Don’t let things sit for too long though, it’s a waste of money.
And with that, happy shopping! Please feel free to comment below with questions, or your tips!
Our Latest Finds: