February 14, 2014-
At times 100 Days of Summer’s star Pascale Wellin may be misunderstood by some of her cast mates, but the one message that always comes across loud and clear is her sense of style. Check out what she had to say us about her go-to shopping destinations, how to look hot in the cold weather, the status of her jewelry line and more in The BigBlondehair.com Style 6.
1. You do a great job of mixing affordable and high-end fashion on 100 Days of summer. What pieces do you recommend saving on and what is worth the splurge?
I have a rule of thumb, which is, always spend money on things that matter shoes, bags and jackets. Trends come and go but staple pieces will last forever.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
I appreciate minimal design and I adore classic silhouettes, I never want to look back at what I wore and notice a bad trend in my style. My two fashion inspirations would be Kate Moss and Angelina Jolie.
3. You get a spending alert call from your credit card company; where are you most likely shopping?
4. You were born and raised in Chicago but have also lived in LA. What do you consider to be the pros and cons of the style in each city?
In LA people are willing to take risks and are not as cautious as the Midwest, but you also see many fashion victims.
People in Chicago who appreciate fashion know how to do it right but it can be very far and few between.
5. Living in Chicago you’ve seen the worst winter has to offer. What style tips do you have for staying chic this winter?
Chicago winter is not only cold but also extremely damp and windy. A nice hat is always worth the investment to save recently styled hair.
6. Give us the latest on the jewelry line you and your mom are collaborating on.
I have been really working on properly branding my collection with my mother and I would be lying if I said it has been an easy process. I want our collection to be flawless and I am an extreme perfectionist. I have come to terms with the idea that my final product may be years in the making but it is an extremely exciting journey.
This link explains a lot of what I am describing: http://vimeo.com/85040589
A big thank you to Pascale for taking the time to chat with us. You can catch her on 100 Days of Summer airing on Tuesdays at 8PM EST/9PM CST on Bravo and keep up with the latest on her style by following @PascaleWellin on Twitter and @PascaleWellin on Instagram Here